Having the best ferret litter is an important factor to maintain your pet’s health and hygiene. A hygienic litter helps in the prevention of a lot of urinary tract or genital infections of your pet, it can also prevent the carriage of infections to you and those who come in contact with it.
In the case of ferrets, they are sensitive animals they have a sensitive respiratory system. And they are prone to several diseases if not provided with a good litter. But worry not, we are here to help or guide you to find the best litter for your ferret. Here are a few key features that you must verify before you choose a litter for ferrets.
- It must be Dust-free and Non-allergic
- It should have Good absorption rate and Odour control
- And make sure it is Eco-friendly
Keeping all these features and specifications in mind we present you some of the finest and widely used ferret litters across the world.
Best Ferret Litter Reviews
Marshall Ferret litter
Marshall has been producing some decent pet products since a really long time and this time it’s the Marshall ferret litter.
This litter has a great absorbing capacity. And has pretty decent odor control. The litter is absolutely dust-free that’s going to ensure the safety of your ferret’s sensitive respiratory system. Ferrets can get major medical issues from clumping litter, but this is, fortunately, a non-clumping litter for ferrets.
It is made up of recycled papers which are 100% biodegradable and hence makes it environmentally friendly. The paper after use it can be easily disposed of or flushed away.
- Marshall ferret litter is Dust-free
- Environmentally friendly
- Biodegradable or flushable
- Best ferret litter for odor control
- Great absorbing capacity
- Non-clumping litter
- When it is wet it is really dark, easy to see what needs to be cleaned up, but as it dries it goes back to the same color
- Available in- 10, 18 and 50 pounds
Fresh News Paper Small Animal Litter
Fresh news litter has produced one highly efficient litter that is made of 100% post-consumer recycled paper which makes it biodegradable and hence becomes an eco-friendly product. The product has a great absorbing capacity and can easily run for a week. The best feature is the Ammonia locker technology that quickly absorbs odor on contact.
This best litter for ferret does not produce any dust and is non-allergic which ensures the health security of your ferret. Fresh news litter can also be used for rabbits or other smaller animals too.
- This litter for ferrets is Dust-free
- Quickly absorbs odor
- Safe and effective for rabbits, ferrets etc.
- Made of recycled paper – post-consumer
- Better absorption than wood and clay
- The ammonia may mix with urine and become toxic if the litter is too wet and not replaced for a long time.
- Product weight- 7.1 pounds
- Product dimensions- 4.5 x 9.5 x 12 inches
Carefresh complete natural paper bedding for small animals
Carefresh paper bedding is made of comfy fluff and paper fibres. It works as excellent bedding and best litter for ferret, because of its soft and comfortable texture. It has an odor lock capacity for 10 days and it has 3 times more absorbing capacity than its own weight.
The best feature of Carefresh bedding is, its color the white color of the litter helps you understand when it is needed to be changed. This is an environment-friendly product and can be safely disposed of.
- All-natural and non-allergic
- Carefresh paper bedding is dust-free
- White color
- This paper pet bedding is odor lock
- 3x absorbing capacity
- This ferret bedding is too light and scatters easily
- Sometimes the product smells really bad when your pet urinates
- Becomes more rough and coarse
- Size- 50 L
Purina Yesterday’s News Non Clumping Paper Cat Litter
Yesterday’s News litter is originally made for cats but it also comes very handy for ferrets and other smaller animals. The litter is made of recycled paper and comes in the form of pellets.
Effective odor control and good absorption rate. It’s comparatively better than other litters available in the market and proves to be excellent bedding for small animals. When it’s used up it gets puffed up so you know it’s time for it to be tossed.
- Good absorption
- Cheap ferret litter
- The pellets may fall apart once wet
- The pellets may stick to the groins of your pet ferret
- Weight- 13.5 lb.
Kaytee Small Animal Potty Training Litter
Kaytee critter litter comes up with unique sanitary material. The litter is made of pellets made up of non-toxic 100% bentonite clay (clay made from the volcanic ash) which is 99% dust-free. And this material has a good absorbing capacity and can absorb 10 times more of its own weight. It locks odor pretty well. As the name specifies this litter is specially designed to potty train your pet.
- Kaytee critter litter comes in re-sealable packages for easy storage and multiple uses
- Kaytee potty litter is non-allergic
- Good absorbent
- Good potty training litter
- This critter litter gets too heavy
- Sticks to the genitals of the pet causing disturbances
- The pellets get wet and turn to pasty substance
- Becomes messy and may outbreak the odor
- Weight- 4lb and 8lb
We hope you liked our reviews and found it useful. Choose the best ferret litter for your ferret and make sure it is satisfied with the product as much as you are.