Unlike other pets, iguanas are unique kinds of pets and they should be taken care of in the best iguana enclosure. They are very popular in the reptile’s category. They aren’t that easy to tame, take care or maintain. They require special arrangements.
Unlike dogs or cats, they can’t roam around the house. They need to be provided with an enclosure which is as close as natural iguana habitat. Keeping this in mind iguanas or reptiles are needed to be provided with homes or enclosures that have all these features so that they feel comfortable in it.
If you really don’t know much about the type of iguana enclosure you need for your pet iguana, we are here to guide you through so that you know what to buy and find the best iguana enclosure or best iguana cage for your iguana pet or reptile.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind to choose your perfect enclosure or iguana cage,
- Depending on the size of the reptile you need to choose an enclosure or a pet cage that is large in space or room and so that the animal doesn’t feel suffocated in it and certain breeds of iguanas like the green iguana can grow up to 6 feet when fully grown so you have to pick accordingly.
- Iguanas are arboreal they need things to climb over all the time and feel safe at heights, in that case, the height of the cage or enclosure is very crucial.
- Reptiles are cold-blooded animals so they need to be in a temperature-controlled enclosure especially during winters so in that case you need to look for an enclosure that has a provision for attaching or placing a heater.
- The more naturally realistic the enclosure the better. If you get a terrarium its well and good or may add extra natural props like rocks branches etc. to the cages that don’t come with many natural settings.
Here are our top four favourite iguana enclosures and cages!
Best Iguana Enclosure Review
Zoo Med Reptibreeze IguanArium (large)
Zoo Med IguanArium comes up with its new wired cage for the iguanas or other similar reptiles. This isn’t as fancy as the other glass type enclosures. The cage is made of PVC coated wires which is very durable, anti-corrosive and of course smooth which prevents your iguana to injure itself.
The frame of the cage is also very sturdy. It has two main entrances one in the front and other on top for easy cage accessibility and also has a tray at the bottom for easy cleaning.
Zoo Med IguanArium cage is also very portable it has 4 casters at the bottom which helps in a smooth movement, this allows you to move the cage outdoors for your iguana to get some fresh air or bask in the sunlight.
This cage is perfect for both outdoors as well as indoors and you can easily decorate the interior of the cage as you desire or your pet desires.
Features and Details
- Front and top entrances for the cage
- Zoo Med Reptibreeze IguanArium has PVC coated cage wires
- Removable bottom tray for easy cleaning
- 4 casters or wheels for easy portability
- Inclusion of removable basking shelf
- Affordable price
- Product dimensions– 36 x 18 x 48 inches
- Product weight– 32.5 pounds
- Manufacturer– Zoo Med Laboratories
Exo Terra AllGlass Terrarium- 36 x 18 x 18 inches
This aquarium shaped glass terrarium is an amazing enclosure for your favorite reptile. It perfectly fits in any corner of the house. The enclosure has dual doors for easy accessibility to the enclosure.
The doors of Exo terra terrarium 36 x 18 x 18 are also lockable and also guarded with a removable stainless steel cover to ensure a little extra safety.
The base is waterproof and also the bottom is raised so that there is a provision to fit the substrate heater to provide the comforting temperatures. The most exciting feature of the enclosure is the interior, it contains a very natural-looking terrarium with a very vivid rock background this makes your pet feel like home.
Exo terra glass terrarium contains patented windows for adequate airflow or ventilation. Also, it has this smart closable and secure inlets for tubing managements to the enclosure.
- Dual lockable doors
- Removable stainless steel cover
- This iguana bedding has a waterproof base
- Raised bottom frame to fit substrate iguana heat lamp
- Exo Terra AllGlass Terrarium has enlarged ground surface
- Natural-looking rock background
- Contains an amazing natural terrarium
- Patented windows for ventilation
- Closable and Secure inlets for tubing managements
- Product weight– 58 pounds
- Product dimensions– 36 x 18 x 18 inches
- Product Size– large wide
- Product Manufacturer– Exo Terra
Zoo Med Reptibreeze Open Air Screen Cage
This beautifully designed light weighted and compact iguana enclosure is built of a very lightweight like aluminum which is black anodized and is also stainless or is resistant to corrosion.
The size is just right for any average-sized iguana or lizard and this feature makes it very versatile for other animals or pets like ferrets, guinea pigs and pet hamsters etc too. The transparent screen provides a wonderful view to your magnificent pet and also you can keep in clear track of it.
The entrances and the accessibility to this iguana cage is really made easy, one large main entrance door and one at the bottom for easy cleaning or removal of the substrate.
Zoo Med Reptibreeze Open Air Screen Cage is very well ventilated which helps your pet feel more comfortable and breathable to hang in.
- Beautiful, corrosion-resistant, black anodized aluminum
- Perfect size for moderate-sized lizards
- Versatile for most mid-sized lizards like green iguanas, geckos, chameleons and other arboreal lizards etc.
- Easy access because of the large main door and also a bottom door for cleaning and substrate removal.
- This Iguana bedding is easy to assemble (using a screwdriver only) and all hardware included.
- This best bedding for Iguana is well ventilated
- Reasonable price
- Product weight– 5.07 pounds
- Product dimensions– 24 x 24 x 48 inches
- Product Manufacturer– Zoo Med Laboratories
Hope we have enlightened you with sufficient information about each of our carefully reviewed products, you may have your preferences maybe an indoor aquarium type or a wired cage type or maybe something that fits your budget, we have them all in this list. We believe this review article helps you choose just the best iguana enclosure for your pet iguana. Happy shopping!